Coaching implies that a person is whole, but may need motivation or help realizing their business or life goals.
Goal of On-line Coaches when assisting students:
WCCS on-line coaches use a proactive approach to support students and connect all vital success areas through work and daily activities in order to achieve their long –term goals. The coaches will also guide students through time management and prioritization to help them conquer any problems that may arise during their pursuit of their long term goal(s).
• A one-stop shop to get answers
• Strategies to get ahead in your career
• Skills to master school
• Support to reach your goals
Plan your school and career path
• Topics covered
• Long-term vision
• Educational roadmap
• Career goals and skills
Accomplish what matters most
• Topics covered
• Time management skills
• Decision making
• Financial literacy
Be healthy, be happy (Topics covered)
• Health and physical fitness
• Personal support network
• Stress management
What is On-line Coaching?
Coaching implies that a person is whole, but may need motivation or help realizing their business or life goals. With on-line Coaching, you can receive one-on-one support to make sure you’re performing at your best and getting the most out of your experience in school. Communication with prospective and/or current students will be provided via WCCS web portal, email, telephone, Skype, instant messaging/chat rooms and or other Learning Management Systems (LMS).
Students who participate in On-line Coaching at WCCS get more out of their academic experience:
• A success proactive process to support you in achieving your goals
• A regular one-on-one phone call with a personal Coach
• Strategies and tools to make sure you get the most from your education
• Support for you in your personal, educational and career growth
• A one- stop place for questions that may arise
Point Of Entry
• Academic trouble:
— Academic Warning or Probation
— Mid-term deficiencies
— Other departments (e.g. Counseling)
— Fellow Students
— Notified of services through marketing, emails, WCCS training / workshops.
What is WCCS On-Line Coaching like?
In your first meetings with your Coach, you’ll talk about your education and career goals, and where you want to go after school. Together, you’ll clarify your aspirations and make a plan for how to get there. After that, you’ll communicate with your Coach regularly to talk about how your school experience is evolving, review your progress toward the goals you’ve set for yourself, and work together to address any challenges.
You will have a range of times to communicate with your Coach and can reach out as needed between meetings for advice or suggestions by phone, email, or IM.
Clarify: Coach needs to clarify where the student wants to be after graduation.
Connect: The coach needs to collaborate with student to see what need to be accomplished weekly.
Help Organize: Coach collaborate to help organize the student’s commitments to get the work completed
Motivate: The coach will need to motivate the student to overcome obstacles
Re- affirm: Coaches will need to re-affirm the values of WCCS which in return will lead to a successful
Long term goal
The online coach will work with students to assess what they want out of college—and to map out a plan to make it happen. We also help them master life skills such as time management and prioritization, and support them in persisting through obstacles that arise while they are in school.
What types of students can benefit from WCCS On-line Coaching and what are the benefits?
Coaching can benefit all types of students.
1. It provides you with a support system. A coach provides this support and helps keep your mind on your goals.
2. It reveals hidden strengths and talents. Each person is born with specific aptitudes and traits that, when tapped, can unlock the necessary resources to achieving personal and academic objectives.
3. It helps you hone down your exact aims and outlines how to achieve them. Most people have vague ideas of what they would like to achieve. But academic coaching takes it a step further and actually helps your articulate those ideas and the steps you must take to make them a reality, for both the short term and the long term.
4. It helps you learn more efficiently and effectively.
5. It helps you establish productive and functional lifelong habits.
6. Provides strategies and tools to make sure that you get the most from your educational goals.
7. Offers support for you in your personal, educational and career growth.
So, how can Student Coaching Help?
1. Provides one-on – one coaching sessions to determine you career path
2. Provides services to determine clarity, direction, and self-awareness
3. Provides guidance for time-management and prioritization
4. Provides key success components to help students stay focused in order to conquer their long term goals.
5. Go over degree plans and paperwork with students
6. Review transfer credits
7. Send reminders of registration and other information that students need to be aware of
8. Maintain a proactive lines of communication by
Online Coach Duties
• Keep students on right track
• Inform students about what the need for classes
• Walk through academic path
• Help decide what classes to take
• Help students get accounts set up through web- advisor
• Communication with prospective and/or current students will be provided via WCCS web portal, email, telephone, Skype, instant messaging/chat rooms and or other Learning Management Systems (LMS).
WCCS Online Student Coach will:
• Review with students their degree plans and paperwork
• Coach, Mentor and Assist student population with questions regarding academic advising, transfer articulations and credits, program requirements and payment options.
• Provide information and guidance on registration, financial aid, admissions, school policies, e-learning courses navigation, business office practices, etc..
• Communicate with prospective and/or current students will be provided via WCCS web portal, email, telephone, Skype, instant messaging/chat rooms and or other Learning Management Systems (LMS).
• Work with faculty and staff to identify struggling students and provide direct support. (Referrals can be be made by utilizing electronic student referral form located on WCCS website)