First Time Students/Students Seeking Readmission
- Apply for Admission, click on “myWallaceSelma”, then click on “Apply for Admission”. For first time users click on “First time user account creation”. Create a Login ID and create a 6 digit PIN.
- See Admissions Eligibility for Required Documentation.
- Proof of identification: According to State Board Policy 801.01, for admission to an Alabama Community College System institution, all new students must have on file in Admissions one primary form of photo documentation, such as an unexpired Driver’s License or military identification card.
- Submit high school transcripts and transcripts from other colleges.
- Apply for financial aid: Visit the Financial Aid section of the website for complete information.
- All students must complete COMPASS Placement Tests in English, reading, and mathematics prior to registering for a class. Testing is waived for those who present ACT scores of 20 or the SAT equivalent on the English and math portions. To make an appointment for the COMPASS Placement Test please call 334-876-9295.
- First time students are encouraged to meet with an advisor for initial registration. To schedule non-traditional/distance education advising services for online students who are out-of-state or cannot access traditional advising services, please call 334-876-9295.
- Once you have completed your application for admission and it has been successfully processed you will receive an email with your W student ID number along with instructions on how to check the status of your application.
- Register for Classes: Take a look at the schedule for the semester you want to register. There you will find a listing of classes offered, registration schedule and other useful information. View your DegreeWorks education plan to determine classes that you have completed or need to take. You will register for classes on your myWallaceSelma account.
- Pay tuition and fees either on-line from your myWallaceSelma account or at the Cashier’s Office located in the Student Services Building.
- Get your parking decal in the Campus Police Office located in the Administration. You will need your unexpired driver’s license, vehicle tag registration information, and proof of insurance in order to receive a parking decal. You will need proof of identification to receive your WCCS student ID card.
- To purchase books visit the Campus Bookstore.
Students must be officially registered for every class he/she attends. If the student’s name does not appear on the class roll, credit will not be granted. Students are advised to meet with an advisor before registering.
Steps to Take:
- Log into myWallaceSelma using Wallace Selma ID number and date of birth (or password if already created)
- Go to the “Student” tab
- Select “Registration”
- Select “Register / Add/Drop Classes”
- Select the current term
- Enter the CRN numbers for the appropriate classes and select “submit”