Accelerate your educational goals by simultaneously earning both high school and college credits for a single course.
What is dual enrollment and how would it help me?
Dual enrollment can help a student accelerate his or her educational goals, eliminate duplication between high school and college course content and increase the rigor and challenge of course offerings while in high school.
Dual enrollment enables high school students to simultaneously earn both high school and college credits for a single course.
Where are the courses offered?
The courses are offered at the College campus online and in various high schools. High school courses are only available to students who are enrolled at the high school.
What kind of courses are available?
Students can take academic college-level courses and/or career and technical courses. Depending on educational and career goals, students can earn college credits that are transferable to any public college or university within the state of Alabama and to most other public and private schools.
What does dual enrollment cost?
Tuition and academic fees for high school dual enrollment students is $138.00 per credit hour plus cost of books. What are the eligibility requirements?
- Students must attend a high school covered by an articulation agreement with Wallace Community College in Selma.
- A student must be 10th, 11th and 12th grade with a 2.5 cumulative GPA, must take a placement test for English and Math and turn in all the requested paperwork.
Contact the Admission Office at (334) 876-9295.
How do I get started? Begin by contacting your high school guidance counselor or one of the Campus Dual Enrollment Coordinators listed below.
- After establishing your eligibility, you will complete a Dual Enrollment Program form and supply other documentation.
Contact the Dual Enrollment official.
|Dual Technical – Raji Gourdine||(334) 876-9292|
Click link to view the myWallaceSelma video
Microsoft Outlook Email
- Click Student Email (located at the bottom of the page)
- Enter your NEW WCCS email address which consists of:
- your last name, your student number (A Number) without the “A” @student.wccs.edu (Example – Jane Doe’s student number is A12345678. Jane’s email address is email@example.com)
- Password: Wallace + the last four digits of your Social Security Number
- (Example: Wallace1234)
Email Login Video
- Click on the E-Learning Tab
- Click on Canvas Login
- Enter your WCCS email address which consists of:
- your last name, your student number (A Number) without the “A”@student.wccs.edu (Example – Jane Doe whose student number is A12345678. Jane’s email address would be firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password – Wallace + the last four digits of your Social Security Number (Example: Wallace1234)
NOTE: If you have activated your email address, DO NOT use your new email password to login to Canvas. Your Canvas password is Wallace + last four digits of your SSN.