Welcome to the Office of Human Resources at Wallace Community College Selma located on the 3rd floor of the Hank Sanders Technology Center. The Human Resources team is inspired by the College’s dedication to quality learning, teaching, and public service; therefore, it is our goal to strive for excellence in our work and to provide a work environment consisting of a diverse and committed workforce that put students first.
The Office of Human Resources will serve as a strategic partner along side of WCCS administration, faculty and staff in supporting the mission of Wallace Community College Selma by taking an active role in providing services that align with the College’s high standards. We will continue to promote and exemplify that our employees are our most valuable resource and uphold them in the highest regards.
The Office of Human Resources contributes to the College mission to provide affordable, accessible, quality education and to support partnerships advancing community, workforce development, and life-long learning by:
- Balancing the needs of the employees and the needs of the College
- Maintaining compliance with employment laws and government regulations
- Hiring the most qualified employees by ensuring an effective internal interview process, identifying the best and most cost effective recruitment sources, and conducting background and reference checks
- Developing personnel policies and procedures
- Recommending faculty and staff training
- Retaining valued employees by providing competitive wages and benefits; furnishing career development assistance; and conducting exit interviews, providing relevant feedback to the President and executive staff.
Office of Human Resources
Wallace Community College Selma
3000 Earl Goodwin Parkway
P.O. Box 2530
Selma, AL 36702
- 7:30am to 4:45pm Monday- Thursday
- 8:00am to 12:00pm Friday
Lori Ann Combs