The Writing Center is committed to providing support for students for every stage of the writing process. We offer the following:
- A full computer lab with writing software
- Assistance from trained professional and peer tutors
- Strategies for development, improvement, and editing for all types of writing
- Employment support (help completing job applications, resumes, and cover letters)
- Meaningful, specific feedback, including a plan of action
- Reference materials such as dictionaries, thesauri, writing handbooks, and citation formats
- Individual and small group tutoring
- Tutors are prepared to help you with writing personal statements and essays for other universities and scholarship opportunities; however, some schools and programs do not permit assistance with these essays. It is your responsibility to determine whether or not tutoring is permitted. The Wallace Community College Writing Center is not liable if the tutee violates such a policy.
- It is expected that all work you bring to the Writing Center is your own; tutors may question the authenticity of what you have written if they have reason to believe it has been plagiarized. It is your responsibility to submit only your own work.
- If you abuse the scheduling system and/or our policies, you are no longer eligible to receive our services.
Come visit us today. We’re here to help you!
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day; teach him how to fish and feed him for a lifetime. – Chinese Proverb
Hours of Operation
Although we take drop-ins, we recommend you make an appointment so you’re guaranteed time with a tutor.
- Monday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00a.m. – 11:00p.m. By appointment only
- Conferences are 45 minutes.
- If you are more than ten minutes late for your appointment, the session may be given to someone else if we have a drop-in.
- We understand that sometimes people are unable to keep appointments. Please call us if you need to cancel, as we are able to help the most number of students every day if we know who is able to attend. We’ll gladly reschedule you for a later time.
- Call 876-9422 to speak with a Writing Center staff member.
Upcoming Webinars & Events
Time Management and Study Skills
The WC offers support in time management and study skills. Call us for more information. Here are two links to help you get started: 10 Tips to Survive College, 8 Time Management Steps. Used by permission, Middle Tennessee State University and Kelci Lynn Lucier, respectively.
Small Group Tutoring
The WC offers classes to help you get a jumpstart on your writing. These classes are usually 30 minutes long and are a great way to review your skills with organization, citing, analyzing, mechanics, etc. Call the Writing Center for information about upcoming classes and also to share suggestions about classes you’d like to attend.