For admission to Wallace Community College Selma an applicant must provide (notarized copies, if submitted by mail):
1. One primary form of documentation such as an unexpired Alabama driver’s license; an unexpired Alabama identification card; an unexpired U.S. passport; an unexpired U.S. permanent resident card; unexpired Driver License or instruction permit from another state dated 2000 and beyond; U. S. Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-151) prior to 1978; BIA or tribal identification card with photo; or an I- 797 Form with expiration date.
All male students between the ages of 18 and 26 must register with the U.S. Selective Service System prior to enrolling in any state institution of higher education. You can register at www.sss.gov. Note: Any and all elements of the College’s admission requirements are subject to change without prior notice.
Admission of First-Time College Students
High School Graduates
- Applicants who have not previously attended any regionally accredited post-secondary institutions will be considered first-time college students or “native” students. As early as possible, prior to the semester in which they plan to enroll, applicants must complete and submit the appropriate online Admission’s Application for new students.
Non High School Graduates
- Non-high school graduates or non-GED recipients seeking admission may only enroll in an eligible career pathway program.
- Non-high school graduates or non-GED recipients who are admitted to an Alabama Community College System institution must be able to benefit from instructional training as indicated by attainment of at least minimum scores on an approved academic assessment.
- Individuals who previously attended Wallace Community College Selma and who seek to return after an absence of one semester or more(excluding the summer term) must submit an application for readmission, comply with current admissions requirements, and supply transcripts of all academic work taken since last attending WCCS.