Transcripts Requests

Transcript Request Form (link)

The Admissions Office & Records  maintains student records and, upon written request from the student, will issue transcripts. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 define the rights of the student with regard to records and other information that might be maintained and/or released. (See Student Handbook Section of this catalog.)

  1. In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, the College does not release transcripts of a student’s work except upon the student’s written request, except in a case where educational or governmental officials have a lawful need for the information.
  2. Students may print an unofficial copy of their WCCS transcript from their MyWallaceSelma account.
  3. Official transcript requests are processed as they are received. REQUESTS SHOULD BE MADE AT LEAST TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE TRANSCRIPTS ARE NEEDED.
  4. The College reserves the right not to release a transcript if the student has outstanding financial obligations or pending disciplinary action with, the College.
  5. The Office of Admissions & Records does not issue official transcripts from other institutions, which includes high school transcripts. Requests for official transcripts from other institutions must be directed to the institution concerned.
  6. Written transcript requests should be sent to the following address:

Office of Admissions
Wallace Community College Selma
PO Box 2530
Selma, AL 36702

  1. Written request should include name, dates of attendance, Student Number or Social Security Number, and name and address to which the transcript should be forwarded. Note: Students with name changes should include all former names.
  2. WCCS will not make copies of transcripts from other colleges or copies of GED certificates once they have been officially submitted to the college.