Wallace Community College Selma
Dual Enrollment Registration and Admissions Process
Dual Enrollment allows high school students to get a jump start on their college career. Students are afforded the opportunity to earn college credit while earning a high school diploma. Dual Enrollment provide students the ability to adjust to the college environment and course expectations before becoming a full-time college student. College credit will be awarded immediately upon successful completion of the course. Eligibility requirements for Dual Enrollment include the following:
- Must be a student in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade
- Have a cumulative “B” average in completed high school courses
- Have signed consent from parent, the principal, and the local superintendent of education
- Meet the entrance requirements established by participating post-secondary
Steps to complete the registration and admissions process are included below with corresponding links to the website.
Step 1 – Apply for Admissions:
All prospective students must complete an Admissions Application. You may apply for admissions online by accessing the WCCS website at www.wccs.edu. Click on the link for My Wallace Selma under Important Links. Click on Apply for Admissions and follow the prompts.
Step 2 – Complete Dual Enrollment Permission Form:
All students enrolling in the Dual Enrollment Program must complete the following: (1.) Application for Admission form and (2.) Eligibility for Dual Enrollment form. This form must be signed by the students’ parents and high school counselor. Also, (3.) a high school transcript and (4.) a state issued photocopied ID must be submitted to the Dual Enrollment Coordinator by specified due date prior to each semester.
Step 3 – Clear Fees:
The cost is $152 per credit hour; therefore, 3-credit hour course will be a total of $450 plus the cost of books. Students must clear fees online by check, credit, or debit card. Please see instruction sheet for procedure to clear your fees online.
Step 4 – Purchase Books:
Books can be purchased online from the WCCS Bookstore and shipped to you. Click on the following link to purchase books from the WCCS Bookstore: http://wccs.bncollege.com/ Contact the Dual Enrollment official.
|Dual Academics – Kateri Leeemail@example.com – (334) 876-9283|
Dual Enrollment (Academic) Frequently Asked Questions
Click link to view the myWallaceSelma video
Microsoft Outlook Email
- Click Student Email (located at the bottom of the page)
- Enter your NEW WCCS email address which consists of:
- your last name, your student number (A Number) without the “A” @student.wccs.edu (Example – Jane Doe’s student number is A12345678. Jane’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Wallace + the last four digits of your Social Security Number
- (Example: Wallace1234)
Email Login Video
- Click on the E-Learning Tab
- Click on Canvas Login
- Enter your WCCS email address which consists of:
- your last name, your student number (A Number) without the “A”@student.wccs.edu (Example – Jane Doe whose student number is A12345678. Jane’s email address would be email@example.com)
- Password – Wallace + the last four digits of your Social Security Number (Example: Wallace1234)
NOTE: If you have activated your email address, DO NOT use your new email password to login to Canvas. Your Canvas password is Wallace + last four digits of your SSN.