Library Mission Statement
The mission of our College Library/Learning Resource Center is to provide modern, high quality, interactive library services which will be coordinated and integrated into the general instruction program of the college. To this end, the Library Learning Resource Center seeks to provide quality, cost-effective information that is sufficiently flexible to meet the challenges of educational, societal, and technological change.
The library is centrally located on campus which was constructed in 1974 and contains 23,037 gross square feet. The WCCS library consist of the two floors which houses two staff offices, general reading areas, the Sam Earl Hobbs Reading Room, two small conferences rooms, a magazine and audiovisual storage room and a faculty/staff professional development area. Seating is available for 222 persons in the general reading areas, and 100 persons in the Sam Earl Hobbs Reading Room. A qualified and energetic staff assists patrons with their research needs.
The library has 22,162 circulating and non-circulating items for patron needs. These items cover all subjects that may be discussed in the instructional classroom. It provides approximately 134periodicals to support the many courses taught to WCCS students. Six TVs with VHS/DVD players are housed in the library for student use. The Library management software is powered by the Follett Corporation and is accessible through this web site. There are a total of 54 internet accessible computers available to students, faculty, and staff to access E-Learning courses, E-books, internet resources, word processing programs, DVDs, CD-ROM programs and the library holdings.
You may contact the library by calling (334-876-9345) or via e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns. Additionally, you can also arrange for individual library or group instruction sessions in person, by phone or via email.
- Monday-Thursday: 7:00am-8:30pm
- Friday: 7:00am-12:00noon
- Except Holidays
- Minnie Carstarphen, Library Director
- Sharon Walker, Library Secretary/Technical Assistant
- Lefloris Jemison, Part-time night librarian
- Brenda Powell, Part-time night librarian
- 2015 Student Survey of Library Effectiveness
- 2015 – 2016 Student Library Instruction Evaluation Form
- Faculty Library Instruction Evaluation Form
LINKS TO RESOURCES
- Alabama Virtual Library – Alabama’s online access to essential library and information resources.
- WCCS Card Catalog – Search our local catalog of printed, video, and web resources.
- American Journalism Review – A national magazine that covers all aspects of print, television, radio and online media.
- Britannica Online Encyclopedia – Search articles and reviews from four complete encyclopedia – Please note that this service functions only from the WCCS campus.
- Encyclopedia of Alabama
- FindLaw’s Constitutional Law Center – An educational resource site dedicated to the United States Constitution and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Gale E-Books
- Health Advance
- Infoplease – Online access to almanacs, atlases, dictionaries, encyclopedia, and thesauri – “All the knowledge you need.”
- Library of Congress
- Pearson Portal for WCCS – “It provides one place for students to register and log in for all the MyLabs.”
- Salem Press
- Purdue Online Writing Center
- WCCS Writing Center
SPECIFIC TOPIC LINKS
- Alabama Literature and Authors
- Arts and Humanities Resources
- Business Resources
- Career Resources
- Copyright and Fair Use
- Government Resources
- Library Tutorials
- Literature Resources
- Math and Science Resources
- Nursing Resources
- Online Free E-Books
- Online Newspapers
- Reference Resources
- Social Science Resources
LINKS TO OTHER RESOURCES