The College shares a vision of a learning-centered education that is responsive to the needs of our service area and is manifested by quality teaching, opportunities for learning, effective educational support services, and access to a quality education. Challenged by change and innovation, the College will move forward to create a future responsive to the diverse needs of students, community, and state.
The philosophy of Wallace Community College Selma is expressed in the following beliefs:
● Education is essential to the economic, social, environmental, and political well-being of the citizens of West Central Alabama;
● Education should be made academically, geographically, physically, and financially accessible to all students;
● Wallace Community College Selma is uniquely qualified to deliver excellent and equitable educational opportunities and services;
● Quality education requires unity and cooperation of all stakeholders who work together toward a common goal.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of Wallace Community College Selma is to provide high-quality learning centered educational opportunities and services through diverse instructional-delivery modes that are responsive to individual, community, state, and global needs.
Our Goals 2021-2025
- Teaching & Learning: Promote and provide quality, teaching and learning environments and experiences that enhances the development of knowledge, skills, behaviors, and values for students and enables them to be successful in the workforce or subsequent education.
- Student Focus/Services Success: Promote high quality student experiences through services consistent with student needs, interests and abilities that lead to student development and success.
- Technology: Broaden the development of educational and administrative technology that enhances student learning and improve college management processes and functions.
- Workforce/ Economic Development: “Provide high quality workforce development programs that meet the needs of businesses and industries and enhance the economic development efforts of the region and the state.”
- Community Engagement/Development: Foster key relationships with community leaders to support community engagement and development efforts in the college’s service area.
- Adult Education: Provide an Adult Education program that alleviate educational gaps and help participants gain economic and social mobility.
- Enrollment: Implement a strategic enrollment management plan that has a positive impact on the college’s financial stability.
- Efficiency of Operations: Improve efficient operations of the College.