Academic Advising at Wallace Community College Selma is an integral part of the instructional and student development divisions and serves two primary purposes: (1) to assist students with course selection for their curricular studies, and (2) to provide assistance with scholastic and school-related problems encountered in reaching their academic goals. The effective use of the faculty-advisory/student relationship is essential to student’s academic success and retention.
DEGREE SEEKING STUDENTS
(334) 876-9295 or (334) 876-9305
Monday - Thursday: 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m.
Friday: 8:00a.m. - 12:00p.m.
Non-Degree Seeking Students
Non-certificate/degree-seeking students or continuing education students
should go to the Office of Admission for advisement, admissions, and registration.
Payment should be paid and books purchased from the
bookstore in the Student Center.
• Facilitate the smooth and timely function of the advising process as it relates to registration.
• Develop a positive relationship with the student, advisor, and institution.
• Disseminate vital information to the student.
• Assure that the student’s program planning and course selection will lead to the attainment of the student’s educational goals.
• Serve as a resource for the student for help in overcoming barriers that could interfere with his/her academic success.
• Develop an educational plan for each degree-seeking student.