What is Alabama Career Essentials?
Alabama Career Essentials (ACE) is a FREE training course designed by the Alabama Community College System to provide Alabamians with relevant, cutting-edge, and industry-driven employability skills training to better prepare individuals for the Alabama workforce. The main goal of the new ACE course is to ensure current and future workers are equipped with the skills
necessary to enter the 21st-century Alabama workforce.
What will participants learn?
The new ACE curriculum is based on the most current ACCCP and Technical Advisory Committee’s five most in-demand career clusters. The course will be delivered online, hybrid, and in-person and can be customized to meet the training and educational needs of business and industry. Participants will learn the following skills:
- Computer Literacy
- Math for Work
- Financial Literacy
- Effective Communication
- Resolving Problems in the Workplace
- Workplace Etiquette
- Employment Preparation
- Healthy Workplace Environments
- Workplace Safety
What will participants gain?
The ACE course is designed to lead individuals to a specific career pathway credential, employment, or job promotion. Students enrolled in the ACE course will have several pathway-specific stackable credential opportunities. Participants who successfully complete the ACE course will earn the Alabama Certified Employee credential and will lead to additional industry recognized training and certification options.
- WorkKeys certifications
- MAP course credentials
- Skills for Success rapid training course credential
- Trackable digital badges and certificates with official transcripts
- Employability skills for success in any workplace
- Pathway-specific technical and academic skills
- 21st century workplace ready skills
- A new job
- Gainful employment
- A job promotion
- Transition to post-secondary credit or non-credit program
To register or learn more:
- Call 334-310-9511
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org: Dallas County & Selma City
- Email email@example.com: Marengo County
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org: Hale County
- Email email@example.com: Greene County