Minority Outreach provides pre-college and dual credit information for high school seniors at participating service area high schools. Additionally, Minority Outreach provides a First Year Experience for first-time freshmen.
- Promotes a college-going culture
- Provides access to higher education
- Increases the percentage of high school seniors who enter college after graduation
- Increases the percentage of first-time freshmen who return for their sophomore year of college
Contact Minority Outreach
Contact Minority Outreach: Contact the Minority Outreach program or find the recruiter for your participation high school.
Get Started at WCCS
- Apply for Admission: Apply online now. Create an account using the student's personal email address.
- Submit official transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Admissions & Records.
- Accuplacer: Shedule testing now, if you do not meet the requirements below.
- In order to register for an English and/or Math course, perspective students must
1an ACT sub-score of 17 for English and/or Math received within the past five (5) years OR
2a cumulative high school GPA of 2.75 and a "C" in English IV and/or Algebra II OR
3acheive a passing score on the Accuplacer.
- EMSICC Assessment: Take the EMSICC Career Assessment to discover careers that excite you and the academic programs that will help you achieve a successful career.
Information for High School Students
- Dual Enrollment Form: Complete the eligibility form and submit to your high school counselor.
Prospective dual credit students will need to apply for admission (see Application section above).
To expand higher education opportunities for first-generation, low-income (FGLI) African American students and increase their persistence in postsecondary education.
Updated August 23, 2022